Books and Resources
- Book: AARP The Other Talk: A Guide to Talking with Your Adult Children about the Rest of Your Life by Tim Prosch
- Plan Your Story (www.PlanYourStoryToday.com)
- Book: How to Say it to Seniors: Closing the communication gap with our elders by David Solie
- Movie: Book Club
Seminar Video Recording
University of Nevada, Reno: Sanford Center for Aging Community Outreach
Community Wellness Programs
Manage Your Health:
Healthy Living Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshops
Diabetes Self-Management Workshops
Cancer Thriving and Surviving
Diabetes Prevention Program
Chronic Pain Self Management
Improve Your Strength:
Fit & Strong!
Tai Ji Quan: Moving For Better Balance
Introduction to Mindful Living
Medication Therapy Management Program
Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
Participant Take-Home Worksheet Questions:
- What goals do I have for my future that will require having adequate funds?
- What is my current monthly income and what are my expenses?
- How might my income, expenses, and lifestyle change over time?
- What will my insurance pay toward future health care and/or personal care needs?
- Do I qualify for veteran and/or other benefits?
- Do my children/family members plan and have the means to contribute toward my care?
- What considerations might I need to make concerning investments I have?
- What is my plan for staying engaged with others for social, entertainment, and physical touch?
- Who will I designate to handle my affairs should I be unable to do so AND do I have the appropriate instruments in place to ensure they are equipped for such tasks?
- Who are the trusted advisor(s) I will call on to help me find the answers to these questions and/or verify that my answers are accurate?